Friday, October 8, 2010

brother

So it's another one of those crazy early mornings. Brad's alarm goes off around 2:30 a.m. every tuesday through saturday and he leaves somewhere around 3:15-ish to get to work. It's finally gotten to the point where I don't hear his alarm clock anymore which is weird because I've always thought of myself as being "light sleeper". I woke up this morning though, as he was about to head out the door and headed downstairs to say goodbye...I really, really needed to use the bathroom too :) I don't know if I should blame the tiny handful of reese's pieces that I ate - he MADE me eat them as he was walking out the door - or the fact that my mind is super active at 3am, as to why I couldn't go back to sleep.

Before I went to bed last night, I was deeply inspired by a new blog that I came across. My younger brother Matt recently started a blog - which he forgot to mention the other day when I talked to him!! ;) It was sooo neat to see his heart unfold and read about his drive and mission and PASSION to reach the nations for Christ! It's been life-changing for him already, as he made his recent journey across the country to reach his new home in NC. Trusting God at this capacity has been a new one for Matt as he stated...and I'm so glad that he did! Finally seeing him in Seminary is just awesome. I can't believe how much he's grown in his faith and heart already and I can't wait to see all the ways he'll be used by God.


Catch his blog here Oh, and it's a must that you make time to read about "Jose the spider"!!


Love you Matt. Your big sis is more than proud of you. I admire your heart and passion and radicle-ness and look up to you :)

I'm sitting here at my drafting table slash office desk, with Mahli fast asleep under my feet. I think I might just join her. Need to get at least an hour in before Brad gets home from work so I can be up to make some yummmy breakfast for us. Omlette's or smoothies or left-over yellow curry from last night? I'm "always thinking about food" ...as I remember my last boss making me aware of. It's what got me into trouble ;)

Some pics of Matt's visit to Atlanta a few weeks ago!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...