Saturday, April 10, 2010

my mahli girl

Mahli and Brad at the park on Easter :P
Yesterday after work, I went across the street to Nature's Corner Market to buy one more ingredient that I needed to make dinner. For some reason I just couldn't let myself just buy that one thing, so I made my way over to the chocolate bar section and gave in. It's been so long and I decided to treat myself to a chocolate bar. But not just any chocolate bar. It was a 72% raw cacao bar with mint!!!!!!! I actually ate a couple of pieces on my drive home just to make sure it was as good as I thought it was. Fast forward to later that evening....Brad and I had just gotten back home and Mahli was soooo happy and yet extremely guilty. We walked a little but further into our apartment and I saw my chocolate bar....my dessert...and the wrapper torn to pieces on the floor. Somehow she managed to steal it from the kitchen counter. She ate my dessert and I was not happy. I scolded that pup! But I could tell she wasn't feeling good. I looked into those pitiful brown eyes and stroked her back. She ended up getting sick early that morning when Brad was getting ready for work at 3am. How excited Brad was to clean up her mess before heading off to work :P Well Mahli has recovered since then I think! I was worried. We searched on the internet "what happens when dog eats chocolate bar" and it was not hopeful. Their is a chemical in the chocolate that can pretty much kill them. So she is definitely okay now. This wasn't the first time she got into my chocolate stash. A couple of years ago, she ate my chocolate halloween cupcakes!!! I don't know about Mahli but I guess I learned my lesson :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...