Saturday, November 20, 2010

smoothie goodness




I have people ask me all the time..."what do you put in your smoothies??" So here is one for ya! I promise you, it doesn't sound good at first to most people. But it is delicious :)



  • 6 ice cubes

  • 1 cup of almond milk

  • 4-5 small slices of banana

  • 1/4 -1/2 cup of blueberries

  • 2 T of hemp protein powder

  • 1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder

  • 1 T of coconut oil

  • 1 T of almond butter

  • 1 T maca powder

  • 1 T of ground flax seed

  • dash of cinnamon

I know some of these ingredients may sound bizzare for some people. So if anyone actually tries to make this smoothie, let me know. I can tell you where you can find them and what you can subsitute with. If you don't have all of the ingredients, don't fret...just do the almond milk (or even just water is great too!) bananas, blueberries, ice, and cinnamon...if you're really brave throw in some romaine lettuce...you won't even know it's in there :)


I just made this today after my workout! I usually can get creative with them depending on what I can find in my cabinets and fridge. This one is one of my favs. I also love to add pineapple, cherries, strawberries, raspberries or mangos...in different combinations. And even romaine or spinach. I enjoy trying new things :D






1 comment:

  1. Yummy!!! Sounds so good! I definitely will try that sometime!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...